The Schwab Institute President
· Designed and delivered programs for upper management personnel in communication, negotiation, sales techniques; generated greater efficiency and productivity.
· Designed and delivered programs in executive coaching: self motivation, goal setting, time management, and executive leadership for personnel at Epstein Raboy Advertising; Penn Mutual; Smith Barney; Star Binding, Inc., and other companies. Achieved dramatic improvements in operational results.
· Consultant: trainer, coach, lecturer, personal, professional, and management development to individuals in such diverse organizations and agencies as: U.S. Dept. of Energy, Blue Cross Blue Shield, New York Open Center, National Association of Female Executives, Albert Einstein, Montefiore, and Mount Sinai Hospitals.
The Center for Human Growth and Development Executive Director
· Recruited, developed, and managed professional staff of 22; developed innovative, motivating methods for personal and professional development. Directed implementation with a clientele of up to 1,900 persons annually; analyzed existing market, identified new markets, planned and directed marketing for direct mail of 10,000 brochures, telephone, and personal contacts; lectured, conducted seminars for 5 to 500 people.
· Developed training programs and seminars in: Self-Identity, Self-Esteem, Values Clarification, Goal Setting, Time Management, Self Motivation, Executive Leadership.
· Planned and managed public relations and publicity, such as: placement of full page article by UPI in 200 national newspapers; articles in magazines; appearances on radio talk shows; and television.
· Designed training manuals for professional staff; produced brochures for public relations, marketing. Designed and delivered programs, seminars, panels in human resources development. Recruited and managed liaison with Advisory Council.
Community Planning Associates Executive Director
· Consulted in urban affairs as well as organization and management to foundations, social service, educational, government, and business organizations, including The Board of Cooperative Educational Services; Westchester County Department of Planning; Frederic P. Clark Associates; Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; Kittay Fund; Fountain House; Roger Schafer Associates.
MICOVE, Inc. Founder and Executive Director
· Conceived, organized, and implemented highly original plan for nonprofit 5,000 member corporation to create and build “New Town in Town”.
· Recruited, organized, and managed 5,000 member corporation.
· Negotiated $38,000,000 from New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal.
· Obtained $30,000 pro-bono architectural services from international firm of Victor Gruen Associates.
· Obtained ongoing pro-bono legal services from the prestigious New York law firm of Szold, Brandwen, Meyers, and Blumberg.
· Obtained support of and directed public relations with community, educational, and business organizations and political representatives.
· Maintained liaison with officials of city, state, and federal government agencies.
· Recruited, developed, and managed staff of 150, including volunteers.
· Lectured to member, community, and governmental groups of up to 1,200.
· Directed publicity; obtained coverage in The New York Times, New York Post, UPI, and other publications.
· Consulted to and appeared on NET (National Educational Television) for ½ hour program called, “Metropolis: Creator or Destroyer”; consulted to ETV Canada on production of program on MICOVE.
· Conceptualized, published, and distributed Newsletter for 5,000 members.
Hunter College of the City of New York (CUNY) Assistant Professor, Social Psychology
Young and Rubicam Motivational Researcher
The University of Michigan, Prof. Morton Wagman Graduate Assistantship in Psychology
Education and Training
University of Michigan, BA Education, English, and Psychology
New York University, MPA Organization and Management
New York University, Ph.D. Interdisciplinary Degree, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Organization and Management, Urban Affairs, Politics, Behavior, Sociology.
New York University. Founders Day Award. "....distinguished among fellow students.....consistent evidence of outstanding scholarship....having thus achieved a place in the highest bracket of scholastic preferment recognized by the University, Charlotte Rolnick Schwab is therefore awarded as a mark of special honor this Founders Day Award."
Dissertation: A Study of Political Behavior in Community Building
Thesis: Citizen Participation in Urban Renewal
PAPERS, PUBLICATIONS, RADIO, AND TELEVISION
“A Training Model for Gynecologists and Psychiatrists: Rape Trauma Syndrome.” N. Y. Mt. Sinai Hospital.
“Feminism & Therapy.” Biweekly column. Majority Report.
“Personal and Professional Development for Physicians.” Passaic County Medical Society.
“Values and Therapy: How to Choose a Therapist.” In Susan Friedman, et. al., eds., A Woman’s Guide to Therapy. Prentice Hall.
“Feminist Therapy: Why is it in Such Demand?” N.Y. Montefiore, North Central Bronx Hospitals. Departments of Psychiatry.
“Effective Communication Skills: Introducing A New Model Called “VECAM” tm .Contract.
“Sexist Language in the Liturgy and its Psychologically Damaging Effects.” Hebrew Union College, Keynote Address, Graduating Class
“Effective Negotiation Skills: The Schwab Model.” Contract.
“Successful Communications and Negotiations Skills for Women in Business.” Hartford. WTIC.
“Successful Gender Communications for Women and Men.” N.Y. ABC. 20/20.
“Self Esteem and Success.” N.Y. Gotham Women in Business.
“Helping Women to Attain Positive Self -Identity and Self -Defined Success.” New Orleans American Psychological Association.
“How Not to Plateau Out in the Corporate Environment.” New York Women in Computing.
“Motivational Skills for Sales Managers.” New York Sales Executive Club.
“Successful Negotiation Skills for Women in Business.” N.Y. American Women’s Economic Development Corp.
“Achieving Success in the New Russia.” AWED. Moscow and St. Petersburg.
“New York Men”. WNYC - TV with Brian Lehrer.
“Men & Women: Power, Spirituality and Communication.” New York Open Center.
“Achieving Success in the ‘90’s.” N.Y. National Association of Female Executives.
“What is Sexual Harassment and How to Deal With It.” N.Y. UAHC.
“Achieving Self Defined Success.” N.Y. ASK WOMEN.
“Achieving Self Defined Success in the Millennium.” TSI, INC. A public seminar at the Tudor Hotel. NY.
“The Schwab Model for Achieving Self Defined Success.” N.Y. The New Life Expo.
“Sexual Ethics for Rabbis.” N.Y. Jewish Theological Seminary.
Interview. “The Clinton Syndrome.” N.Y. CBS - TV News. Inside Edition.
Interview. “Maintaining Professional Boundaries in the Clergy.” WGRZ - NBC/TV News. Buffalo.
“Celebrating Women’s Wisdom.” Boca Raton, Florida. Cooperman Academy.
“The Rise of Egalitarianism in Conservative Judaism.” Boca Raton, FL. Cooperman Academy.
“Standing Again at Sinai: Women in the Torah.” Boca Raton, FL. Cooperman Academy
Charlotte Schwab, Ph. D. Sex, Lies, and Rabbis: Breaking a Sacred Trust. Bloomington, IN. 1stBooksLibrary. 2002.
COURT-TV. October, 2002. Nancy Grace Show. Live.
COURT-TV. November, 2002. Catherine Crier Show. Live.
Pax TV and Boca Raton Educational Television. “Rose Lee Archer Show” January, 2003.
CN8 TV- Syndicated. Comcast Cable “Lynn Doyle Show.” Live. January, 2003.
26 radio appearances, coast to coast. List on request. 2002, 2003.
POST GRADUATE TRAINING INCLUDES:
Milton H. Erickson Institute of Hypnosis of New York, Certificate
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, Certificate.
“Innovations in the Treatment of Depression.”
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Certificate. “Advances in the Treatment of Depression.”
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Certificate. “Creating Diversity-Friendly Organizations.”
Jewish Healing Center, New York, NY. Certificate. “Grief Counseling.”
Rebirthing 2000. Certificate. “Breathing Techniques for Healing.”
Training in cognitive behavioral therapy with Jeffrey Young, Ph.D., a student of Aaron Beck.
Excellent references on request.